Here you find all information you need for your arrival and stay during the summit.
Langham Place, Guangzhou
Address: No.638, East Xingang Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou, China
Tel: +86 20 8916 3060
Strategically located in the Pazhou business and commercial district, Langham Place, Guangzhou is just a stone-throw away from the Guangzhou International Convention and Exhibiton Centre-home to the reputed Canton Fair.
Designed by the global award-wining architects Aedas, the whole building includes 22 levels with 3 levels exhibion center, and Langham Place features a unique exterior that symbolises unfolding wings.
How to get to Langham Place, Guangzhou
- 2 minutes of walking from China Import and Export Fair Complex;
- 5 minutes of walking from Xingangdongmetro station (200 meters);
- 10 minutes of driving from Canton Tower(5 kilometers);
- 15 minutes of driving from ZhujiangNew Town (7 kilometers);
- 45 minutes of driving from Guangzhou BaiyunInternational Airport (40 kilometers);
- 3 minutes of driving from HuananExpress (0.8 kilometer);
- 20 minutes of driving from East Railway Station (10 kilometers);
- 27 minutes of driving from South Railway Station (26.8 kilometers).
How to get to the event location
Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (www.baiyunairport.com) is about 28 kilometers from the city center of Guangzhou. It is one of the three busiest air transportation hubs in China. There are totally 123 scheduled flights in the airport, and 86 of them are domestic flights between Guangzhou and major Chinese cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Xi'an.
Major cities worldwide can be reached in 15 hours from Guangzhou. The airport's flight network covers South and Southeast Asian countries including Vietnam, Laos, Burma, India, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. In addition, there are flights to Los Angeles, Paris, Amsterdam, Melbourne, Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul and Lagos.
Guangzhou Baiyun Airport boasts very convenient ground transportation system. This system is mainly made up of airport subway (www.gzmtr.com/en), taxis, six airport express bus lines, nine airport shuttle bus lines, and frequent airport intercity bus between Guangzhou and other cities in Guangdong Privince.
From Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
- By taxi: RMB 150; travel time 50 minutes
- By subway (exit at Pazhou Station): RMB 9; travel time 60 mins
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport is about 28km from the city centre of Guangzhou. Click here to check the detail of Baiyun International Airport.\
Via Hong Kong:
- Visitors can access Guangzhou by taking the cross-border train from Hung Hom MTR Station (Kowloon, Hong Kong). The journey takes 2 hours to reach Guangzhou East Railway Station. Click here to view the schedule and fee.
Guangzhou has three railway stations handling passenger transport.
- Guangzhou Railway Station at Huanshi Road is the largest and the most important one, operating trains between Guangzhou and Beijing, Wuhan, Nanjing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xian, Lhasa and many other China cities.
- Guangzhou East Railway Station (Tianhe Railway Station) mainly operates trains between Guangzhou and Hong Kong and frequent bullet trains between Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
- Guangzhou South Railway Station in Panyu District is a mega station mainly operates bullet trains between Guangzhou and Wuhan, and other northern cities.
From Guangzhou East Railway Station
- By taxi: RMB 50; travel time 20 mins (by taxi)
- By subway (exit at Pazhou Station): RMB 4; travel time 15 mins
Traveling by Coach
In just 3.5 hours, visitors can arrive in Guangzhou by taking the cross-border coach from the Hong Kong International Airport (mainland coach station at Terminal 2). The coach service runs daily from 07:00 to 23:00. Click here to view the schedule.
- Fares of Guangzhou Metro range from RMB 2 to RMB 12.
- To visit Area A of the venue (Hall 1 – 8), visitors should get off at Xin Gang Dong Station (Exit A)
- To visit area B (Hall 9 – 13), visitor should go to Pazhou Station (Exit A)
Please click here for the Guangzhou metro map.
At present, there are 84 taxi companies in Guangzhou with more than 16,000 taxis in different colors, including the colors of yellow, blue, maroon and gold. Among those taxis, the yellow taxis of the Baiyun Taxi Company, the blue taxis of the Guangjun Group and the maroon taxis of Guangzhou Transportation Group are the most reputed.
A Guangzhou taxi charges RMB 10 for the first 2.5 kilometers (1.6 miles), and RMB 2.6 for succeeding kilometers.
- From Guangzhou Railway Station to Guangzhou New Baiyun International Airport, the taxi charge costs about RMB 100
- From Guangzhou East Railway Station to Baiyun Airport, you need to pay about RMB 150
- From Guangzhou Railway Station to Guangzhou East Railway Station, the taxi fee is around RMB 25
- From Guangzhou East Rail Station, it takes 20 mins to reach Area A of the Complex, fare is about RMB 50
- From Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, it takes 50 minutes to Area A of the Complex, fare is about RMB 150
According to the Administrative Law of the People’s Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Foreigners, foreigners entering China should apply for a visa to the Chinese diplomatic representative or consular offices, or other institutions authorised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of People’s Republic of China.
Passport holders of most foreign countries can obtain their invitation letter for applying visa through the travel agent. Alternatively, you could contact the organiser for assistance with the following basic information for invitation letter processing.
- Name as in passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of expiry
- Company name
- Job title